Saturday, June 6, 2009

My amazing reign this far...

I have ALOT to cover! I won my title in April it is now June, lets see if I can bring it all up to speed. :)

April 18th, 2009-the day that changed my life!
I competed against some of the sweetest girls, we all had so much fun together. I don't think, for the first time in my pageant experience, we had ANY drama! Miss Catherine and Mama C made it clear they didn't want any, but with the group of girls we had, there was no need to worry.
I remember the moment I won so clearly...I didn't know whether to cry or jump up and down. I was so shocked. Hearing my name as the new Miss Teen Illinois-World 2009, I knew my year was going to be great, little did I know it would be amazing.

April 26th, 2009-my first appearance as Miss Teen Illinois-World 2009.
I volunteered at the Champaign March of Dimes-March for Babies. It was SO extremely windy that day my crown was flying off my head...and it was clipped on! Despite the wind, the weather was wonderful for the event! After I arrived I helped set up by making signs for registration, setting up the sale table, and all sorts of other things. I then helped kick off/start the walk with the Ambassador family. I then returned to help get everything for after the walk(I managed to make a run to McDonalds...but I'm not supposed to say that!). As the children were returning from the 3 mile walk I passed out gold medals to them. I then helped give out Team and Individual Awards. The walk raised $55,000 for the March of Dimes...to save babies.

April 27th, 2009-my second appearance...one day later.
It was time for my hometown, Decatur's March of Dimes-March for Babies. I helped set up once again, taking water to the checkpoints, registering the teams, and more! I also spent the months leading up to the walk getting together a walk team known as "Crowns for Babies". My team consisted of Myself(Miss Teen Illinois-World 2009), Lynzi Misuraca(My best friend and the Miss Illinois Junior Teen-American Coed 2008), Alyssa Longanecker(National American Miss Illinois Jr. Pre Teen 2008), Alexis Longanecker(National American Miss Miss Lockport Princess 2008), and their awesome mom's-Vicki Misuraca(aka Mama Vicki) and Michelle Longanecker. My team alone raised over $300, and we walked 2.9 miles! I then returned to help give out the last of the awards. Our walk raised over $16,000...to save even more babies.

May 10th, 2009-met Miss Catherine and Mama C at Bridal Elegance in Ottowa
This was probably my FAVORITE thing I have gotten to do...picking my dress for Nationals!!
The day started off being overwhelmed by how many dresses where in the store, wow, I didn't know where to start. Miss Catherine had her heart set on putting me in a white dress, so I tried on so many beautiful gowns! Then we went to the Blues, a few Purples, Pink, Reds, and a Brown dress too! I was having way too much fun trying all the dresses on. I ended up trying one dress on and it was "it". I had the moment of, I never want to take this dress off, and that became my dress. I can't wait to "debut" my it in Houston...no-one knows what color, what style, nothing about it...its our secret!! :) Thank you to Bridal Elegance and Staff for all of your help, you were wonderful!!

May 16th, 2009-visting my "sister system" 's Wisconsin pageant
I had planned on spending a relaxing weekend in Chicago with my best friend and her mama, but I was asked to go to Sheboygan, WI to help with the Miss Wisconsin U.S. International pageant. So thank you to my wonderful mommy who drives me EVERYWHERE, she got up with me and off we drove. I ended up getting there 15 min. late, missed my introduction, and I was panicking! After I got myself dressed I was later introduced and interviewed on stage. It was so much fun. I then helped by passing the flowers out to the Top 5 and Queen(Bishara Dorre). While all this was going on MTV's MADE was fliming an episode that will be airing later this summer, I don't know if I will make it onto the show, but what an experience it was to have all those cameras staring right at me! After the pageant was over I was back to Chicago.

May 17th, 2009-Mokena Cancer Walk(Spring Walk of Hope)
Yet another appearance and money raising opportunity! This time I was in Mokena walking for The Free Cancer Screening and Support Center. I walked on the team "Illinois Queens" which consisted of: Myself(Miss Teen Illinois-World 2009), Lynzi Misuraca(Miss Illinois Junior Teen-American Coed 2008), Ashley Fister(out team captain and National American Miss Illinois Junior Teen 2008), Alyssa Longanecker(National American Miss Illinois Jr. Pre Teen 2008), Alexis Longanecker(National American Miss Lockport Princess), Mama Vicki, and Norma Fister(Ashley's mommy). We walked 2 miles and in total the walk raised $55,000! After we ate lunch(that was provided) we took tons and tons of pictures of all the queens together! Whew!

May 19th, 2009-Papadakis Photoshoot in Barrington
My awesome director Miss Catherine asked me to go and have a headshot taken for the National Program Book. It was part of my prize package when I won to have a "Test Shoot" to see if I was marketable for modeling...I had SO much fun taking all the pictures. And in the end I LOVE my headshot! Thank you to Papadakis Photography for such a fun day of photos! :)

Its now June 6th, I have had a bit of a much needed rest, but I am anxiously awaiting my next appearance...and of course the Miss Teen United States-World 2009 pageant in Houston, Texas July 6th-10th!
I will not only have my awesome directors, but my family, and friends there to cheer me on. I couldn't be happier at this opportunity to represent Illinois, and I hope I make it proud!

Until next time,
-Victoria
Miss Teen Illinois World 2009

P.S. for those of you who would find this funny, this week during our Macon County Fair/4-H Fair I will be a part of the "Kiss The Pig" competition to raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital...my goodness I SURE hope I don't have to kiss that pig! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment