Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The summer AFTER Nationals...

Well its been a while since nationals, but I didn't hardly get a break at all!! Here is what I did with my summer:

About a week after Nationals I headed to St. Louis, MO for my International POA(Pony Of the Americas)Show. I showed my 4 y/o Mare "Lucy" and we placed in 7 out of our 9 pleasure classes, and in Most Colorful(Halter Mare). I also showed my pony "Snickers" and we won the Versatility Barrels class, and placed in 4 games. During the week I graduated from POA as a youth. I think it was an amazing way to end my youth showing career.

Very soon after that I went to WI for my cousin's wedding and just a bit of a vacation...but it was cold and rainy most of the time we were there...bummer! I still managed to get on the freezing cold lake and tubed for a while.

THEN my biggest adventure of the summer was climbing a MOUNTAIN(Mt. Elbert in Colorado) with my dad and older brother...WOW, whoever said it was EASY to climb a mountain-has never climbed a mountain. It was SO much harder than I ever imagined it would be...and at 12,000ft the alttitude started getting to me and I had to turn back just 2,000ft from the summit. I learned mountain climbing was EXTREMELY hard! But it was so beautiful and majestic!

This past Monday I met the Mayor of Decatur...he is Such a funny guy! He gave me the "key" to the city, an award they give to outstanding individuals in the community. I was so honored and proud to get this award! He then said he is going to be contacting the local magazinge and newspaper to have then write a story or two...how cool is that?! Then I had the opportunity to invite him to the March of Dimes Signature Chef's Event and Auction...he said of course he would love to be there! I felt pretty cool that I got the MAYOR to come to our event.

Now I will be busy doing appearances here, there, and everywhere! I'll try to keep up with it better this time!!

-Victoria
Miss Teen Illinois-World 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment